Head: Dipl. Ing. Milan Rusko
Object of the research :
Trainable (self-learning) automated speech processing systems
- Speech recognition in Slovak (automated system interface capable of understanding human speech)
- Speech synthesis in Slovak; older version
- Speaker (voice) recognition and verification
- Speech recognizers building for the applications in
telecommunications, robotics, medicine, banking etc. Design of the
modern recognition systems requires building of the training
speech-databases. The recognizers can form a part of the automated
translation systems (machine translation) and the input interface for
the voice-driven teleservices.
- Developing speech synthesis systems with higher naturalness, reaching compatibility with the mostly used operation systems (Windows, Linux, Unix) and also with Java. Development of systems for disabled or blind people. Building of special training databases for modern data-driven high-level speech synthesis systems.
phonetic research - SAMPA (Speech Assesment Methods Phonetic Alphabet) in Slovak
speech acoustics and musical acoustics